SEAOHUN Travel Award
The South-East Asia One Health University Network (SEAOHUN) encourages participation of students and academic staff in One Health-focused national and international meetings, conferences and workshops. SEAOHUN supports participation by providing travel awards to students and academic staff to deliver presentations and share updated knowledge/ experiences at such venues.
Criteria for applicants:
- Applicant must be a staff member (permanent or contracted), or a student from one of the SEAOHUN member faculties in Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand and Vietnam, or one of the SEAOHUN expansion countries, namely Cambodia, Lao PDR, Myanmar and Bangladesh.
- The applicant must have been already accepted for oral or poster presentation by the conference.
- The attending conference must be related to One Health and taken place within 30 September 2017.
Sponsorships may be applied towards the registration fee, economy class air fares, local accommodation, ground transport, and per-diem during for conference days. Sponsorships are awarded at the discretion of the SEAOHUN committee and depending on the available budget. The decision of the committee is final and the maximum sponsorship budgets are allocated differently in two categories of applicants as following:
- Student category: maximum sponsorship is 1,500 USD per award (at minimum of 5 awards)
- Faculty’s staff category: maximum sponsorship is 1,650 USD per award (at minimum of 17 awards)
- Application must be submitted to SEAOHUN Foundation at least 45 days prior to the conference date.
- The applications time of Travel Awards 2017 will be closed on 31st August 2017 (application DEADLINE).
- The attending conference must be taken place within 30th September 2017.
The following deliverables are expected within two weeks after the conference:
- A digital copy of oral presentation or poster
- A financial report and trip report (the report templates will be sent to the successful applicants)
- Scanned boarding passes and receipts sent via email
- Original boarding passes and receipts sent via air mail to SEAOHUN Foundation office
- Completed the “TRAVEL AWARD APPLICATION FORM” (using format as attached). The application must be endorsed and signed by the Head of Department or Faculty Dean.
- Abstract of oral presentation or poster
- Proof of abstract acceptance from the conference organizer
- Brief Curriculum Vitae
- Justification Letter of Attendance
- A copy of photo page of passport. At least 6-month passport validity is required before traveling
- Conference program (if available in PDF or words)
Application Submission or general enquiries:
Ms. Jutamart Jattuchai or May at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com with subject line “Travel Award Application.”
- SEAOHUN does not cover non-official meeting days, personal extra days, personal expenditures
- Once travel awardee has accepted the travel grant from SEAOHUN and the grant has already been transferred, the awardee cannot cancel the commitment on the travel award.
- The travel awardee must attend the whole event of the conference.
- All international travel will be subject to final travel approval from USAID/Washington DC. Travel Awardee must not incur any costs, including registration fee, prior to USAID approval.
- SEAOHUN and USAID must be acknowledged in the awardee’s oral and poster presentation.